Supervising doctoral researchers (in French)
Define roles and responsibilities, establish a good relationship
This half-day workshop will address the following points, through mini-presentations, a case study and group discussions:
- Defining your roles and responsibilities as a supervisor and those of your doctoral researchers;
- Establish effective and appropriate communication;
- Using the UNIL Code of Practice for the doctorate as a tool in doctoral supervision;
- Use various tools to analyse and develop your practice;
- Know the professional opportunities and the future of doctoral graduates (academic and non-academic careers).
Target audience: Academic staff at the University of Lausanne responsible for supervising doctoral researchers from all faculties. This workshop is intended for people with or without experience in the field of supervision.
The main language of the workshop is French. Participants are free to ask questions in English, and small groups will be organised in English wherever possible.
Moderators: Prof. François Bussy (FGSE), former Vice-Rector for Research / Dr. Mélanie Bosson, Co-Director of the Graduate Campus