Studies leading to the Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biology degree give the broadest possible view of different areas of biology as well as the various levels of organisation of living beings, from the molecule to ecosystems.
Many courses include practical work that is increasingly integrated with research laboratories as studies progress. A range of optional classes and modules allows students to tailor their course and explore the subject in more detail.
A Bachelor’s course of this kind provides a broad, solid foundation in biology, leading to a wide range of Master’s options examining specialist areas in life sciences.
Faculty of Biology and Medicine: School of Biology
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biology
French (certain third-year courses are taught in English).
30 April. If you require a visa to study in Switzerland: 28 February.
At UNIL, the following Master's programmes are open without further conditions to holders of the Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Biology:
- Master of Science (MSc) in Behaviour, Evolution and Conservation
- Master of Science (MSc) in Molecular Life Sciences
- Master of Science (MSc) in Medical Biology
- Master of Science (MSc) in Biogeosciences
- Master of Arts (MA) with Computer Science for the Humanities as main discipline