Need help?

External Ressources

The professor is in, by Karen L. Kelsky, PhD.

Cathy Sorbara, PhD, "7 Ways PhD Students And Academics Can Deal With Stress, Anxiety And Depression", Cheeky Scientist. Remember Your Value As A PhD.

David Gooblar, PhD, "4 Ideas for Avoiding Faculty Burnout", The Chronicle of Higher Education, Pedagogy Unbound, 3 April 2018.


Need help ?

In a situation of conflict, crisis or any kind of personal distress, the first important action is to talk about it with someone supportive and non-judgmental. A colleague, a friend, or a professional counselor can listen and advise you on your situation, and on the next steps.

At UNIL, you can contact one of the following services:

The Graduate Campus: or 021 692 21 29

The Association of PhD and intermediate staff ACIDUL, or one of the faculty associations listed here.

The Equal Opportunities Office (Bureau de l’égalité), Vieux Pressoir, 1015 Lausanne, or 021 692 20 59

Contact the Mediation Tel 021 692 22 22

Ask for a consultation to the health ou 021 692 25 77

Go consult the No Stress website (in french)

Contact Human Resources

Seek help




Follow us:    
Unicentre  -  CH-1015 Lausanne
Tel. +41 21 692 21 29
Fax +41 21 692 20 15